Thursday, September 20, 2018

#TBT as #NYCC Approaches Part 3

Continuing with my previous Throwback Thursday part 2, please continue to enjoy my observations and thoughts.

I find it amusing, but appropriate that NYCC had to put up the No Photography request on their Autograph Area signs. Looking back, I remember they always had volunteers guarding the individual autograph lines and telling people to put away their cameras. Last year, I didn't even have any guest that I wanted an autography from. Looking at this years list, it's going to be the same for me.



Ah yes, free stuff, either as giveaways, games or with purchase. A lot of the freebies tends to gone due to popularity or just simple...IT'S FREE. For any freebies that I want to acquire, I gotta be the early bird and hopefully catch that worm before it slips away. Yes, there are times I've missed out, and sometimes...I have too much fun to remember. :-) Good luck on your freebie hunt!

You think lines in the morning to get into the con was bad...This was the line that I was waiting on to ride a dragon. This will never change and you gotta plan early or be flexible with your schedule, if you want to do as many activities around the shownfloor as possible. It's the reason I tend to skip panels...the waiting is time consuming! Gotta set your priorities. Also, food line can be long too. :D

Ah jesus...I remember one of my jewels came off of my cosplay. Especially with what I'm planning to wear this year, I seriously anticipate plenty of them falling of. Hopefully, there will be another cosplay repair spot like this. So important to cosplayers!

Ok, so, sometimes I don't know what vendors are selling and my shopping list is incomplete. That's why I gotta keep my eye out for things that are exclusive sold at the con or items I can't find in stores. Good thing this IDW Publishing enamel pin board was visible or I would have missed out on this deal for TMNT pins.

© 2018 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: