Thursday, September 27, 2018

#TBT as #NYCC Approaches Part 4

Continuing with my previous Throwback Thursday post 3, please continue to enjoy my observations and thoughts.

Even during the last day of the event, security check point is still packed with people. I highly doubt much will change with the crowd this year. Hec I always thought Sunday will have less people, but it never felt that way.

Sunday is so busy that even free events gets “sold out.” People make an effort to get there early just to get a ticket for free autograph signings, like the one that happened at FUNimation. I was pretty early, but not early enough to get on line.

The place gets so crowded that a booth had to make marking floor markings for door entries.

I do hope this year that there will be some activities at a variety of booths that I can participate at. Even though waiting for some of the activities took an hour, I felt complete as an attendee that I was able to do as many things as possible on the showfloor. It was fun.

Freebies!!! Sometimes I just can't believe that there are some left on a Sunday! This is assuming that vendors know how to split their promos throughout the week. You know I gotta get me some free stuff!

Yes, the Funko booth. Yes, there is NYCC security there. It's serious business even at the end of a convention. Definitely, not gonna be any different, unless the products die as a hot item.

Well I hope you enjoyed reading some of my reflections and predictions for this coming NYCC. Please enjoy the con and stay safe!

© 2018 Linda Thai
Photography by Linda Thai
For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: