Friday, July 13, 2018

Adventures at Anime NYC 2017 - Day 2


It was Sailor Moon Day, and I cosplayed as Rei Hino! More about my cosplaying adventure in a separate post. That day was full of Sailor Moon related activities, but I'll give a general run down of my day 2 activities.

As always, I wake up as early as possible to get ready in full cosplay gear. My plan was to arrive early to get tickets for the Sailor Moon voice cast member signing. Well...that plan completely failed. As I was riding on the bus, I found out the tickets were ALL GONE! The show floor hasn't even opened yet! Tough luck for me.

The next thing on my list was to attend the Sailor Moon Day stage event. When I arrived at the lobby, I tried to head to the stage area, but was told no one could go downstairs until the convention actually opened. So I had to wait on this LONG line to the showfloor, when I wasn't even going to make a stop there!


However! I realized there was a booth I had to go first: Tokyo Tea Time! When the show floor opened, I made a dash to the booth. Obviously, I bought things, but I'll tell you more in a separate post.


Now, it was time to head over to the Sailor Moon event. I wanted to line up as quickly as possible to get a good seat. There were three separate lines to get into the event: VIP, Crunchyroll Premium membership and regular. When they let each line in, luckily, I got a good viewing point seat. With the bags I was carrying, NO WAY, I was going to NOT sit along the aisle.

After the delightful event, I ate and then browsed through the showfloor to see what else I can get. Of course, there were freebies to acquire. One booth I remembered had free manga, if you did some coloring. It was at Kodansha. They had Chi the Cat coloring pages and crayons available for attendees to use. I colored a page and got a Chi manga...that I was missing! Haha!! Puuurfect!


As time went by, it was time for the Sailor Moon fan gathering photo shoot. I've never been to a photoshoot that was so packed out on top of the many flashing cameras, pros and amateurs. It was pretty organized and thought out on what to shoot. More on that in a separate post about my cosplay adventure!

It was already late afternoon and after the photoshoot, I browsed around the showfloor and did some activities to get some prizes like sunglasses. I also went back to the artist alley, but I still didn't get a chance to visit the back. Only went to the front again to get these bubble tea pins.

Lastly, I ended my night my attending the Anime NYC Masquerade. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures from the event, because my camera battery died. Thinking about the masquerade, I wonder if I should entry just for fun... :P

© 2018 Linda Thai
Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: