Monday, February 3, 2014

Media Report: Otakon 2013 Saturday Happenings

In the early evening, the crowd outside was bustling.

Inside, however, there was a bottleneck leading to the outdoor pathway.

When I looked over the railing above the Indoor Fountain area, it looked like a professional photo shoot was happening.

Look to the left of the photo and notice the rectangle shape crowd and the empty escalator. I’m pretty sure that the down escalator was unoccupied because of the line that’s being formed by the crowd waiting for a screening, which in turn resulted in the bottleneck upstairs. (shrugs)

I saw this little guy, BumbleBee, in the Video Game Room. I spoke to a woman who was with the Transformers, and it’s a promotion for Ripley’s Believe It or Not. If memory serves me right, the BumbleeBee was a prize that people could win, if they took a photo of themselves with the Autobot and posted it up online.

What my friend received when he entered the video game tournament.

I was stuck at a certain level in Jungle Rumble and could not get pass it! Friends had similar problems too.

While walking outside from the elevated pathway that leads to and from the convention, my friend spotted Nanako Dojima from Persona 4. The character is so sweet! I rarely see her being cosplayed (usually it is the other characters), so it was nice to see two versions of Nanako Dojima .

Then coming back from getting dinner we encounter characters with no normal human hair color. XD Even though many were probably wearing wigs, practically 99.999999% were colored!

© 2014 Linda Thai
Photography by Linda Thai
For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: