Wednesday, July 30, 2014

#NYCC 2013 - Random Commentary Saturday

I walked into the building and these guys were one of the first things attendees would spot. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the Nickelodeon series were located outside the show floor and was available for photo ops. What I like about the costumes is that, instead of just looking like the characters, they match the character designs in the series.

I saw this and just went: “Whaaa? Yoshi’s Egg got crushed??”

It was pretty cool to see the artist’s progress displayed on the screen. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the tablet(?) he was drawing on was…

Now this was a surprise…GEICO…Don’t get me wrong, I can see the promotional strategy (NYCC has 100+K attendees), but it’s kind of one of the unexpected or odd balls in the showfloor. The convention tends to get those…Check out my photos from last year.



You know it’s Saturday when you see this!

I…Don’t…Know… I think they were playing a game…of some sort…All I see are a bunch of trolls and two people possibly about to hug each other.

© 2014 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: