Thursday, November 26, 2015

New York Comic Con 2015 Random Commentary Part 1

When I was walking outside the Jacob Javits Center, I came across this Warning sign about tickets resales and counterfeits. I didn’t even know about counterfeit NYCC tickets until they started implementing the RFID tickets a couple years back. This was the first time that I’ve seen this sign and it’s a good warning to the general public that are not familiar with the convention environment.

Cosplay is Not Consent sign that made its first appearance last year and continues to inform attendees about respecting those in costume. However, whether or not you are in costume, nobody, NOBODY, should be touched or disrespected for any reason. Every attendee deserves to enjoy their time at the convention and shouldn’t have it ruined by someone who has poor manners. So, please, be courteous to each other and we should all have a good time.

When I first saw the character, my initial thought was “she kinda looks like Mulan.” Then somehow during the weekend, I learned that her name was Katana. Just seeing an Asian character being promoted along with the likes of Wonder Woman, it makes me feel included in the DC universe. Especially since DC Super Hero girls are geared toward young girls, it’s nice to see yourself in the mainstream media. I’m sure some of you know what I mean.

The very impressive Konami booth was spacious enough for playing the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG and the set up was mesmerizing enough to stare at. My favorite aspect of the booth is the banner, because the beautiful design was eye-catching. Don’t forget to check out my interview with
Yumi Hoashi, Senior VP, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
http://somethingdeeperanimemangaandcomics.blogspot.com/2015/10/pre-nycc-2015-with-yumi-hoashi-senior.html

I was walking around the show floor and randomly looked up. That’s when I saw Ian Somerhalder, who plays as Damon from Vampire Diaries! He looks exactly the same as you see him on TV. I use to watch the show, but it was cool to see him in person. He was nice enough to give me a wave. Me as in…I was the only one standing around and yes, I waved back at him. I don’t think people even noticed that glass window room. We were all too busy exploring the show floor to notice.

Bandai booth was full of Pac-Man ghosts. Follow them and you'll reach the retail section of the booth.

Marvel Chocolate Milk. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy it, because I did not have the machine that was required to make it.

Stay tune for Part 2

© 2015 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: