Thursday, September 6, 2018

#TBT as #NYCC 2018 Approaches Part 1

With the anticipating of New York Comic Con's arrival. I decided to take a look back at last year's event and foreshadow what I think may or may not happen again. Hopefully, I'll accomplish whatever I end up deciding to acquire, while having a pleasant experience. Enjoy!

My view of ALLLLLL the people in from of me and probably was lining up outside at the crack of dawn. Last year, I was able to get into the first row of the line, but this year...like every year, you gotta figure out what time to wake up to bet the crowd. FYI - there are people who line up the night before...I ain't doing that.

Ran to my first shopping stop, Good Smile Company booth. There weren't too many people in front of me, but as you can tell, it did a small wrap around. So, I did get what I wanted but being able to wake up early enough to line up is the key! Haven't seen any information on exclusives yet.

IMG_2993-20web
Too much shopping Too exhausted and no seating space...time to eat on the floor against the walls. This common situation happens every year. It will never change; it can't. When walking around the show floor, we just gotta find a place to chill and hopefully, clean enough to sit on. Lol.

Even though this was Thursday...It looked how insanely packed! It's just an amazing sight to see how sardine it is. I remember when the con first started selling Thursday badges years ago. I thought it would be a comfortable day. It's still less crowded and a great time to just get every shopping out of the way, but sometimes I question how pack Thursday will be in the future. I don't think the crowd will drop.

Who ever found this outlet was smart; I didn't even know outlets existed on the showfloor that was visible. I just have a portable battery. :D Yes, bring a portable battery! Ain't that many outlets to accommodate everyone's phone!

I wanted one of these...for the longest...The staff at the Geico booth was randomly throwing the plush to those of us below. One person who got a plush was kind enough to let me take a picture of super hero gecco. Hopefully, this year, I can get a Gecco plush...just want one.

I was SO glad that Uniqlo was at the con. You know I missed out of some of the shirts? Don't you hate the feeling when you see something someone has and didn't know it existed? Yeah, I missed out on some of the designs, especially Splatoon, and I'm glad I brought whatever I missed. Now, this is just an example of getting a 2nd chance at buying something. I hope whatever I missed this year, whether it's a Nendoroid or clothing, I can get that 2nd chance at NYCC.


So, how many of you experienced BAD line management? The one I experienced was worth the complain. It's like it was a line of hundred people. Maybe 50 in that spot. In front of me? Probably like max 20. It was during the John Leguizamo autographing at the Artist Alley in his booth. The staff members in the pink shirts weren't paying attention to people cutting the line. Why were they able to cut the line? Because the line as a whole was broken into two sections due to his booth facing the big middle aisle. Now how would the people, walking through the middle aisle know that it was one big line broken in half?? Hec how would they even know that there was a line anyway? After the disastrous early line management, when Leguizamo returned from his panel, there was a better line control with more staff members handling both sections of the main line. Plus, they were able to spot people who are unknowingly cutting the line. I hope this year, they wouldn't make the initial mistake again. Just have good line management the first time please!.

As the day came to a close, I browsed to see what else was left. I went by the Funko booth and I was like whoa...Did they seriously clean out their shelves?! So much empty space! (O_O) yeah, this is a vendor tradition. Ain't gonna change this year!!

© 2018 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: