Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Media Report: New York Comic Con 2018 Day 2

The promotion for Dragonball was in full force at this con. Not only was there a booth in the showfloor, but there was this booth displaying the history of the series OUTSIDE in the lobby area.


I was so busy shopping the day before that I never really had chance to explore. I went back to the SyFy Fan Lounge, because there was an artwork that I could draw on. So I went there picked out my piece and started using their Japanese brand paint markers. Man, you had to be careful with those, because it was not drying fast like enough for you to NOT accidentally smudge the ink. After I completed my art, I put it right back up on the art board. This activity made me realized that I miss drawing.

Besides the art board, there were free t-shirts and the line kept going and going. I got my shirt from Happy! The tv show though!

Yes, I went back to try my luck on the crane game and gave up when I couldn't get anything...It's free play!!!

I haven't attended panels in a while at NYCC, expect for that one cosplay panel last year, which I just walked right in. It tends to be time consuming because you have to wait on line to get into an hour+ long panel. Keep in mind that waiting on line means 30 minutes to an hour prior. However, I was interested in seeing a panel in Cosplay Central and WOW! The space is conveniently spacious! If I come late to a panel, I can just sit on a carpet and listen.

Ok, so above I said conveniently spacious...why are the chairs so tight together for the cosplay panels? There's enough space to walk on the other side of these groups of chair to the wall that's more than 20 feet away. Can't we get like get an inch of space between each chair?


I wasn't joking when I said Dragon Ball was in full force. The entire showfloor both for this series had life size statues on each side and photo ops for anyone who wanted to take pictures. It was fun.

© 2018 Linda Thai
Photography by Linda Thai
For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: