Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lolita Fashion: Style for the Frilly Masses at Anime Boston 2011

The line for the Lolita Fashion: Style for the Frilly Masses. I didn't think it would be this long, but I am glad that I was still able to get a good aisle seat!

Here is the schedule for the day. I had no idea that there was going to be a Swap Meet. Since I never been to one, it was a good opportunity for me to check it.

I was really happy to see these styles included, because some might not consider it a lolita style. Plus, it is the style that I am into. (^_^) So I thank the presenters for the acceptance!

This is the partial slide for the pirate lolita style. Look at the corner, who's that in the picture. (~_^)

The following models and styles are shown in the order that they appeared during the fashion show.


Homemade jumper skirt modeled by Jess. There was a sailor lolita, but I couldn't get a picture of her in time sorry!

Pirate modeled by Katie.

Classic modeled by Cammy.

Casual modeled by Naomi.

Hime (Princess) style modeled by Chelsey H.

Modeled by Nancy. There is no particular style, however, it's a mix of brands put together: Off Brand, Metamorphose, Baby the Star Shines Bright and Tarina Tarintno.

Gothic style modeled by Remi.

Punk style modeled by Lara.

Dandy/boy style modeled by Sara.

Aristocrat style modeled by Ted.

Sweet style modeled by Anya.

Gothic style modeled by Jessi.

Sweet/Deco style modeled by Julie.

Handmade and local store style modeled by Sara G.

Kodona, a boystyle, modeled by Mike.

Lastly, modeled by Ashley, one of two panelists (the other is Carrie), who is displaying her sweet lolita red coat as part of the lolita winter attire.

© 2011 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: