Wednesday, December 21, 2011

NYCC/NYAF 2011 - Anime Network Panel

This was my first Friday panel. To be honest, I never heard of this company until I looked through the panel listings. So my curiosity led me to a line of waiting fans. Thank goodness I was there early enough to get a seat that would allow me to take pictures of the panelists and the screen.

The panelist from left to right were April Brem (VOD Manager), Stacy Dodson (Executive Vice President), and Samantha Stevens (Online Content Manager) and ran like any other industry panel: news and announcements of releases. To reach out to more fans and make anime more accessible, it was stated that The Anime Network is going to be available on the Apple iPad 3G. Following that announcement were the trailers and previews of Persona 4, Towanoquon, Broken Blade, and Mardock Scramble. Some of the animations will be available in Japanese with English subtitles, while others will be available at a future date with English dub. In regards to Persona 4, the original Japanese game cast will be doing the Japanese version of the anime. At the end of the panel, fans were allowed to approach the microphone and ask questions.

© 2011 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: