Monday, March 17, 2014

Otakon 2013 – Cosplay + 2


I do not know who she’s cosplaying as, but her feet! Look at those perfect cat paws on her feet! x3 They look so well done!

Gundam RX-78 2. I spotted the mecha while going to the indoor fountain. Someone asked him to do the gangnam style dance and the poor thing’s right shoulder piece popped off. However, a kind individual helped put it back in place.

Princess Celestia from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I saw her from the back and recognized the hair color; the pony has a very distinct hair color. Also, the cosplayer wore the cutie mark. I asked if she was the Princess from the show and she said yes. A unique and different interpretation of the Princess.

These three lovely ladies were kind enough to pose for a photo. Their cool LED hula-hoop was what caught my attention and made some cool photos :D

Batwoman! I love reading the comics! This was the first cosplay of the character that I have seen at any convention.

Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I saw this cosplayer in the Dealers Room and asked her about the weight of her skirt. It’s 25lbs!

Little Aang and Avatar State Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I noticed the man’s white painted arrows and started wondering who he was. Then I saw that his eye color was white. That’s when I asked him are you in Avatar State and he confirmed! Yahoo!

A volunteer at the FUNimation booth, who spotted me out as Silica. Lol.

Mario! Fire Mario! He was manning the table that barricaded the auction area. He was nice enough to step out and let me take a photo of him with his awesome Ba-Bomb plush.

Michonne from The Walking Dead. She had the sword and the chape (a cape with a hoodie), which she made herself. She let me hold the chape and it was pretty lightweight. Nice to see a Michonne. (^_^)

The young lady is not cosplaying. She’s actually making a fashion statement. I saw her from afar and basically walked as fast as I can to catch up to her. I asked her if she made the outfit out of garbage bags. Yes she did! She even had duck tape shoes! Unfortunately, the picture above and the shoe photo does not do justice for this talented and creative individual. (T_T)

© 2014 Linda Thai
Photography by Linda Thai
For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: