Friday, January 21, 2011

What People Were Wearing – Costumes and Lolita

Because of the crowd, it was extremely difficult to spot people and take pictures of them. So here are a few that I was able to take.

I took this picture at the St. Mark’s Comics booth 3116, and I believe that this young lady happens to work for it. :-) I asked her if she was cold, and she said nope!

Out of all the costumes for me to find…POWER RANGERS! I was surprised to see the ninja outfit. No idea if he made it himself though.


Who does this look like to you? ;-) First time I spotted them, my eyes were drawn to them! People kept staring and I heard someone say “that’s sick!” Yes, the costumes were awesome! I think they were from the Fox booth, because after walking a bit around the show floor, they all ended up stopping there.


This was hard to find too! I was like where are all the lolitas?? I swear I thought I would find them in the show floor or walking around the lobby area, because it is less crowded. However, it was not a surprise to find most of them at the New York Anime Festival Artist Alley/Panel area during and after the Never Ending Closet Fashion Show. Regardless whether or not there was an event or panel relating to the fashion, I am going to take a wild guess that some of them were spending most of their time in that area too.
© 2011 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: