Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cosplay at Anime Boston 2012

Here is one of my photos from earlier in the day taken right outside the convention hall, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Initially, I spotted Mami and asked her for a picture. Right next to her was Kyoko, Homura and Sayaka, who all decided to join in. While I was looking at my LCD screen, I noticed my friend pointing at something. When I looked at the direction that he was pointing at, I saw Madoka coming over. She decided to join the photo and there you have it right above.

I saw Princess Serenity/Moon Princess in the video game room waiting in front of an arcade game. I noticed that the buns on her head were in a perfect sphere. So, I asked her about it, and she said that she used foam balls and attached it to the wig.

I was walking around outside the panel rooms near a rotunda (forgot which side of the building and floor), and I came across this photo op of cosplayers. Every time this happens massive amount of people gather to take pictures. Unfortunately, I have no idea what series this is from. Anyone care to tell or guess?

You know this is ultimate cosplay when you are willing to go all out to match your character. This includes being barefoot like your character!

Fat Mega Man. I’m not even joking. Anyone who has played Street Fighter vs Tekken game might know why he is called that.


I recognized the Mad Hatter from the 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie. I asked him for a picture and the cosplayer became the Mad Hatter. Instead of just posing, he behaved as the character going INTO the pose. Get into character for real.

I have no idea who this belongs to, but I saw it and just took a picture. XD

I like how the bird kept moving back and forth on the cosplayer’s head as she walked. So I had to take a picture of it. She is cosplaying as Hibari Kyoya from Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn.

I do not know what these characters are but the costumes looked good. I went up to them to take a picture, and I became curious enough to wanting to touch the fur. I put my hand underneath the chin of the one in the white shirt. I guess I tickled the character, because he started covering his face and acting all ticklish.

This is an interesting way of creating the iconic golden gown: balloons! This was the first time seeing Belle from Beauty and the Beast interpreted like this at a convention, very unique.

© 2013 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: