Monday, December 22, 2014

Cosplay at Special Edition: NYC 2014 #SENYC

You know, I had a hard time taking cosplay photos. It wasn’t because of some technical difficulty. There were cosplayers, but there weren’t that many that impressed me enough to request a photo. I tend to get more than 25 photographs a day, but this time I did not. Usually, when I go to a convention, I can walk through an area and I’ll see cosplayers without even trying. At Special Edition: NYC, I had to scope out for cosplayers. It was an odd, but expected situation. Nonetheless, here are some of the cosplayers:

The cosplayer that stole the show. Even though he was missing his Captain America shield, everyone still wanted a picture.

A softer interpretation of Poison Ivy. Well, at least that was my understanding from the cosplayer.

Storm from X-Men. I asked her how she did her hair and she told me that it required a lot of hairspray.

Mera, Aquaman’s wife. I had no idea he was married…until she told me who she was cosplaying as. Then my reaction was “Aquaman is married?? (O_O)”

© 2014 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: