Monday, December 15, 2014

Media Report: Artist Alley at Special Edition: NYC #SENYC

Pictured above was the borderline between the Dealers and Artist Alley. This was the perfect spot for the protective sleeves dealer.

Artist Alley list with an asterisk for cancellations.

I am not sure why that comment was necessary…shrugs.

I did not have to rush to get writer Greg Pak to sign my brother’s Superman Batman comic. However, there was a line of fans waiting for him. I didn’t have to wait long though. 

This was the most unique and standout artist booth. Plus, having the awesome prop in the back was a nice addition.

There were two Transformers artists at the event. Pictured above is Andrew Griffin and not pictured is Dan Khanna.

Pictured above is Edwin Huang, who was working on a commission.

The Love for Francis Manapul

Why were there people gathered along this wall? My curiosity has been piqued.

I walk on the other side of the black curtains to follow this monstrous line and spotted this. Then I followed the direction in which the person, who was waiting on line, was looking at.

Ah ha! Fans were waiting for this artist! Now I’m even more curious!

I started to look around the booth and noticed the paint brush in his hand.

I got in for a closer look and boom! There was an awesome water color commission happening in front of our eyes. He was the first person that I have seen in any artist alley that does commissions with a paint brush. Very cool.

© 2014 Linda Thai

Photography by Linda Thai

For more pictures, check out the Something Deeper: Anime, Manga and Comics Page on Facebook

No comments: